Precision Cutting with WaterjetWaterjets have the flexibility to go from cutting a near net shape to high precision due to the versatility of the tool. With advancements in cutting technology like Dynamic Waterjet and Dynamic XD detailed parts with tight corner geometry can be cut easily and quickly to accuracies of +/- 0.001 inch.
Not sure a waterjet can handle your material?
The Best Edge
Due to zero mechanical stress, heat distortion or heat-affected zone (HAZ) being imparted into your material, secondary processing can usually be eliminated.
The narrow kerf, usually 0.030" to 0.040", allows parts to be tightly nested or common-line cut so fine detail can be achieved.
Key Benefits to Cutting Materials to Precision with Waterjet
- Increased productivity, fast cutting and high-quality parts
- Minimal kerf allows incredible detail
- Inconsistent material is not a problem (no need for expensive 'laser ready' material)
- Raw material savings — reduced scrap
- No need for extensive part clamping, minimal lateral or vertical forces
- Single-pass cutting, depending on material thickness
- No thermal damage
- Net or near-net cutting, little or no hand finishing